Section Updates

This page, although not password protected, is intended for Cornwall Section members. It contains information of any decisions made at Committee Meetings or the AGM which is felt may be useful or interesting to members. You will also find outings and events that are being organised, but do not appear on our yearly calendar.

Minutes of the AGM held on 15th October 2017

A respectable numbers of members attended the A.G.M. on the 15th October at the Treviscoe Village Hall. There was eleven apologies including the South West Rep. Mike Larcombe. 
The Chairpersons report received much applause. Mike Harris presented a bouquet of flowers expressing the feelings of both the members and the committees. During her three year appointment all agreed that Celia has put the Cornish Section well and truly on the map especially the Cornwall week. 
Peter Lee read out the Secretary’s report due to Karen being unwell and Sally had a commitment in Bristol. 
 
Mike Harris (Treasurer) asked that the accounts should not be approved as there was a discrepancy in the accounts which he could not account for. This would be resolved by the next Committee meeting on the 23rd October. This was agreed by all those present.
 
George Pengelly was the only nomination for the post of Chairperson. He was duly elected. George spoke briefly stating that to follow in Celia’s foot steps would be a hard act to follow. He assured those present that with the assistance of his committee the momentum of the Cornish Section would not diminish.
 
The next item on the Agenda was the appointment of Officers. The following persons received a vote of confidence;
 
Vice Chairman                Peter Lee
Secretary                       Karen Gould
Assistant Secretary          Sally Pearce
Treasurer                       Mike Harris
Welfare Officer                Roger Hore
Trophy/Regalia Officer     Eric Bayley
 
The Committee for 2018 was voted en-bloc;
 
Gary Perryman        Gerald Brewer     Andy Coombe
Kelvin Tonkin          Mike Jenkins
Mike Jenkins           Celia Hore
In any other business Roger Fogg questioned the appearance or lack of the South West Rep. Mike Larcombe.  He was invited to the A.G.M but late yesterday afternoon he informed Celia that he was unable to attend due to a bad back.
 
A special thanks to Celia’s helpers who provided tea/coffee/ biscuits throughout the meeting. Pearce’s butchers of St Austell for the pasties, and Rodda’s for the cream teas.
 
The meeting closed at 1.10 pm. Next Years A.G.M. will be held at the same location on the 21st October 201
  0000—-0000—-0000—–0000

Here are the minutes of the last AGM held at Truro on Friday 28th October 2016

Cornwall Section VMCC, AGM Friday 28th October 2016, The Cricket Club, Malpas, Truro.

Celia Hore in the chair . Meeting opened at 8.00pm.

Welcome: Celia welcomed everyone and thanks them for attending, number of members attending 37.

Apologies: T Clayton, A Coombs, R Osborne.

Minutes of last AGM: Accepted: signed by Celia

Proposer – Len Dingley Seconder – Pete Smith

For-22 Against-0 Abst-4

Chairmans report: Read. Celia outlined the events that have taken place this year and thanked the members for their continued support at all the events helping to made 2016 a very successful year for the section.

Secretary Report: Read. Lesley highlighted the events of the year and praised the members for their efforts and support. Lesley resigned from her post due to personal commitments.

Treasures Report: Graham gave out copies of the financial report for members to read. Graham resigned from his post stating that after 8 years it was time to hand the post to someone new. Acceptance of Accounts Proposer – Peter Old Seconder – Eric Bailey For 28 Against – 0 Abst – 0

Nominations for Chairperson: Secretary took the Chair Celia Hore – Celia re elected unopposed Proposer – Kelvin Tonkin Seconder – Eric Bayley Carried unanimously Appointment of Officers: Chairperson re took the chair                                              Lesley advised the names of resigning Officers

Nominations of Officers:

Vice Chair – Peter Lee . Proposer Clive Pascoe   Seconder – Mike Jenkins          Secretary – Karen Gould  Proposer – Roger Hore   Seconder – Peter Lee             Treasurer – Mike Harris   Proposer – Kelvin brown  Seconder – Mike Jenkins             Welfare Officer – Roger Hore Proposer  Melvyn Pearce Seconder – Eric Bayley Trophy/Regalia Officer – Eric Bayley Proposer – Stan Weston  Seconder – Clive Pascoe  All officers voted in unanimously                                                                         Appointment of Committee Members: Secretary advised of resigning members Resigning Members – Len Dingley Roger Fogg and Peter Old
Committee Members:                                                                                                 Gary Perryman Proposer – Roger Hore   Seconder – Mike Jenkins                            George Pengelly Proposer – Pete Smith Seconder –  Gerald Brewer                               Mike Jenkins   Proposer – Melvyn Pearce Seconder – Eric Bayley –                              Kelvin Tonkin   Proposer – Roger courtier  Seconder – Eric Bayley                                  Andy Coombe   Proposer  – Peter Lee  Seconder – Mike Jenkins                                  Sally Pearce   Proposer –  Peter Old   Seconder – Kelvin Brown                                   Gerald Brewer   Proposer  – Peter Smith  Seconder – Kelvin Tonkin                                   All Committee Member voted in Unanimously

Cornwall Section Survey Results: Celia gave out the results report for members to read. 310 Questionnaires were sent out and 87 returned 11 were void due to incorrect completion or that particular member has passed away. Celia read out the results of each question and made it known that all the questionnaires were out for members to look at if they wish. The general result of the survey indicates members are happy with the way the Section is run and wish it to continue, with the structure to stay the same. Mary Dingley asked it to be minuted that the issue of splitting the section into two could be put to bed. In answer Peter Old stated that this couldn’t happen until the committee have address the issues raised in the questionnaires at the next committee meeting and brought any actions to be taken to the club nights for the members to approve. A general discussion took place relating to additional social event to be formed in the West of the county, as this was suggested in the questionnaire. Celia stated that this had already being discussed at Committee meetings and will be looked into for next year.

Members views/actions to be taken from the results – To be reflected in the Calendar 2017: Celia suggested that at the next club meetings a form will be put out for members who wish to lead a ride to fill in their details. This was agreed by the floor to be a good idea. ACTION – Form to be created and put out at both November club nights. From suggestions in the questionnaires additional Social Events in the West of the county to be discussed by the new committee and suitable venues found. These events will then be added to next year’s Calendar of Events. Celia asked the members present if they were happy with the meeting places, the members responded that they are.

AOB; • Peter Old – asked where the Block and Gavel was. Celia responded that it was accounted for but not brought to this meeting. • John Hughes – asked if it would be a good idea to obtain the e mail addresses of all the members where possible to allow information to be e mailed out. Graham explained that at present there are 3 lists of members which do not match up. ACTION – At the next club nights a form to be produced and put out for members to fill in their e- mail addresses The membership details to be clarified with Head Office. • Roger Courtier suggested that the AGMs could be held on a Sunday to incorporate a morning run and afternoon AGM with a Buffet. He felt this may increase the number of members attending. The venue to be somewhere between East Taphouse and Truro. A discussion took place and it was decided to vote on the suggestion. The Motion – “To hold future AGMs on a Sunday Incorporating a Morning ride with the AGM in the Afternoon with a Lunch time Buffet.” Proposer – Roger Courtier Seconder – Peter Old For – 22 Against – 5 Abs – 5 Motion Carried by a majority • Roger Fogg asked if the Creepy Crawly runs will take place next year. Celia responded that they will and it was agreed that Roger Fogg and Roger Hore will organise these runs.
Date/Time/Place off next AGM Date set for 15th October 2017 – Time and Place TBA

000—000—000—000—000—000—000

Below are the minutes of the last AGM held at East Taphouse on Thursday 8th October 2015 

Cornwall Section VMCC, AGM  

Thursday 8th October 2015, East Taphouse Community Hall

Celia Hore in the Chair. Meeting started at 8.00pm

28 attendees.

Apologies; C Pascoe, P Old, K and A Gould, A Tremaine, M Walkey

Welcome: Celia welcomed members to the meeting, including Rod and Carol Hann, (S W Area Rep.).

Minutes of last AGM; accepted; signed by Celia Hore

Matters arising; none

Chairman’s Report; Read.

Celia outlined the year’s activities and thanked members for their support to the various events.

Secretary’s Report; Read.

Brief outline; A brief report on the Secretary’s activities throughout the year. The section has 344 members of which 280 are contactable. Mary resigned from her post as secretary after completing her three years.

Treasurer’s report; Attached, read.

Graham tabled accounts for East Taphouse and Truro.

Election of Officers: 

Chairman; Celia Hore (Unanimously re-elected for a further year unopposed)

Vice Chairman; Roger Fogg (Re elected unopposed for a further year)

Secretary; Lesley Clayton  (Accepted position with the proviso that if her circumstances change then she may have to review the position)

Asst. Secretary; Peter Lee

Treasurer; Graham Walkey

Regalia Officer; Eric Bayley

Trophy Officer; Andy Tremaine

Welfare Officers; Gilbert Dingle

Recorder of Minutes; Roger Fogg

Committee Members; Gerald Brewer, Michael Champion, Mary and Len Dingley, Karen Gould, Michael Jenkins, Peter Old, Stan Weston.

Clive Pascoe resigned from the committee.

Mary Dingley will remain as webmaster of the sections website.

Voted in on block.

AOB:

  • There were various suggestions from the floor on how to change or improve the Runs. These will be referred to the next committee meeting when dates for next year’s calendar will be set.
  • Aaron Wellington asked if the Land’s End Run could revert to the old route. Suggestions were noted and will be referred to the next committee meeting.
  • Roger Fogg floated the idea of splitting Cornwall Section into two parts, East and West, like some other counties. After much discussion most of the members felt that this was not something they wished to do at present.
  • Discussion took place about how to better publicise the Sections activities for dormant and new members as well as the general public. Peter Lee agreed to try and contact the press to write some articles about our activities. Rodney Hann suggested a portable banner to be displayed when we park up detailing who we are and giving contacts and meeting places.
  • We are always looking for new Run leaders, speakers for Club Nights and volunteers to assist generally in our activities.
  • The 2015 Cornwall Bike Week was a great success and many letters of appreciation have been sent to Celia.
  • Rodney Hann thanked Mary Dingley in particular for her work as secretary and all other committee members for the work that had been put in to making the Section the success it is.
  • Gerald Brewer asked if as a way of promoting the club, the Calendar of Events could be printed on paper to be handed out like a flyer and also possibly pocket size thereby reducing costs.

There being no other AGM business the meeting finished at 9.05pm

Below are the minutes of the last AGM held at Truro on Friday 31st October 2014

IMG_20141107_0003
IMG_20141107_0002